Florida Department of Environmental Protection
Communications Coordinator | Sept. 2015 - Present
Responsible for proactive and reactive communications for three divisions and six regulatory district offices
Coordinate information with department staff to respond to media inquiries and facilitate interviews with issue-area experts and reporters
Compose and disseminate press releases and media advisories – on average 10-15 per month
Direct the planning, design and production of collateral marketing materials for the press office and regulatory district offices. Meet regularly with interdepartmental work groups to monitor and evaluate the materials and recommend workflow process improvements.
Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation
Program Marketing Manager | March 2014 - Sept. 2015
- Manage a marketing and advertising campaign consisting of print, television, radio and digital advertising along with coordinating proactive events, press opportunities and social media posts educating Floridians about the importance of only working with licensed professionals.
- Write press releases, op-eds and association blog posts to reach the target audiences of Florida consumers and licensees.
- Conducted a communications audit of all unlicensed activity (ULA) marketing materials and communications to assess their effectiveness conveying the overall message of the ULA Media Campaign.
- Work directly with media vendors to negotiate contracts; develop content and concepts for advertisements; assist television and radio production company writing scripts for TV and radio PSAs; work with both the vendor and DBPR business office to ensure purchase orders and invoices are accurate.
- Redesign ULA flyers, brochures and promotional trinkets to better align with the overall message of the ULA Media Campaign. Write and update content on the DBPR website.
- In addition to managing the ULA Media Campaign, assist with the day-to-day tasks of the communications office. These tasks include writing the weekly newsletter, all employee emails and drafting ULA media responses.
Assistant Account Executive | Sept. 2013 - Aug. 2014
- Assist multiple client projects: write social media content and blog posts; monitor PR/crisis communication response on social media; and manage blog editorial calendar including content ideas, writing content and formatting for the web.
Harding University Student Publications
Web Manager and Section Editor | Aug. 2010 - Dec. 2013
- Budget, edit and update website layout, including article placement, photo placement, video story placement and social media management on The Link (thelink.harding.edu)
- Assist editor-in-chief and other staff members brainstorm web-only content
- Keep the website coherent and user-friendly
- Moderate comments and other outside contributors to the site
- Assist in promoting of the website on campus and positive relationships with Think Advertising, who hosts the site
- Prepare the design and content for yearbook section (Organizations and Student Life)
- Present weekly story ideas for section; assign and select photos; write headlines and captions
Valdosta-Lowndes Chamber of Commerce
Communications Intern | May - July 2013
- Manage all email marketing, social media and web content
- Write daily Facebook posts and worked to increase the Chamber’s Likes, which grew by 40%
- Write between two and five emails per week announcing upcoming Chamber events and projects
- Prepare monthly website and social media reports using Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Serve as Rotary Club of Valdosta intern and redesigned their weekly bulletin
- Collaborate on writing a strategic marketing plan and U.S. Chamber of Commerce reaccreditation application
- Microsoft Office and Mac OS X
- Adobe Creative Suite CS6 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Web: Wordpress, Constant Contact, Google Analytics
- Proficient in AP style
- Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Hootsuite
- Event planning
Harding University (Aug. 2010 - Dec. 2013)
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- Major: Public Relations
University of Georgia (April 2014)
- Certificate Course "Using Social Media to Build Business"
Printable version of resume found here